Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It has been great having Lilly home on winter break and Mike gets to work "day shift" for the two weeks Lilly is on break. So everyone has had enough rest and we've all enjoyed our time together as a family.
We made sugar cookies on December 23rd, Lilly and I made them and cut them out. Lilly was so cute, she insisted on making 8 tiny reindeer for Santa :)
Lilly designed her gingerbread man to look like Daddy (notice the spikey hair) :)
Emma LOVED the frosting :) She called it "Painting her cookies." She was so cute, but really really really had a hard time not eating the cookies while "painting them". :)
We let the girls open their Christmas Eve presents in the morning, I had to work Christmas eve, evening so I wanted to see them open them.  We let them open their new pj's and the presents from their Grandma C. It worked out really nicely, because they got to play with their new toys from Grandma all day and it helped the time go by a little faster for the big night.
This is Lilly and Emma in their Christmas PJ's :) I love to dress them up as twins :)
Lilly Christmas morning really got into opening gifts, she was even using her feet :) We've always said she was quadridextrious :)
Emma really loved her new stick horse, she didn't want to open anything else. I ended up opening most of her gifts for her.
Mike picked out this really cool maze book for Lilly on every page there is a story about the maze, and it's basically an entire book with the same ongoing story.
Emma's favorite present was her new fishing pole from Grandma and Grandpa Y. She really loves it and keeps asking to go fishing with Grandpa :)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, we are looking forward to the New Year to see what life brings us. I am so grateful for my little family and the miracle that it is.

No comments: