Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lilly's First Day of Kindergarten!

I can hardly believe that Lilly is old enough to go to kindergarten! Today was her very first day of school. We are lucky enough to have her enrolled in an excellent school in the area.

Lilly was soooooooooo excited this morning to go to school. Mike made her a breakfast burrito and gave her a very special father's blessing.

I made Lilly a little sign wishing her a great time at school and also put together a little surprise for her to open after school. It had bubbles, post-its, smarties, bubble gum and a tootsie pop :)

Lilly's first day of Kindergarten: August 17, 2011

Weight: 41 Pounds
Height: 44 Inches Tall
and just for fun....Lilly's first day of Pre-school: September 1, 2010

Weight: 31 Pounds
Height: 41 Inches Tall
Lilly has changed so much this past year, I am so excited to see how she grows and develops this year. This summer Lilly has read 4 chapter books and continues to love science and isn't afraid of much. She loves, bugs, snakes, plants and her favorite book that she read this summer was Magic School Bus Tornado Twister. She also really enjoys dancing and is really good at making up her own songs. One of her favorite activities this summer was going on hiking adventures and trying to catch lizards in the hills above our home.

Here is a cute picture if Lilly and her new teacher. I think the other girl in the photo is a new classmate. (she snuck in the picture) :)
Lilly is going to do awesome in school, I will miss her terribly while she is at school, but I am also looking forward to spending a little one-on-one time with Emma. Lilly is such a bright and social girl, school is going to be a wonderful experience for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a diffrence a year makes! I cannot belive that our little "curly top" is going to school...Time just goes by too fast.
Love you and Lilly Bug!
Mom

MoNiCa! said...

What a cutie you have! Enjoyed your pics :)